Digital AP Tuition Waiver
Applications for the Digital AP Tuition Waiver are on Hold!
Applications that are submitted for the Digital AP Tuition Wavier will be put on hold until an internal audit is completed to determine exactly how many AP waiver can be approved until those funds are exhausted. The Digital AP Tuition Waiver program still has a minimal amount of funds for Ohio high school students who want to enroll in an online Advanced Placement course at little to no cost to the student or school through the ilearnOhio website. The audit is expected to be completed soon. If you have any questions, feel free to contact ilearnOhio: email@example.com.
Online course publishers offering AP courses through ilearnOhio that your students could start anytime include Advanced Academics, Apex Learning, Aventa Learning, Connections Learning, Gifted Learning Links at Northwestern University, University of Nebraska HS, and Village Virtual.
Eligibility criteria for the Digital AP Tuition Waiver
- The student must attend a public or private Ohio high school or be homeschooled with an Ohio school of residence.
- The student is capable of completing an online AP course.
- A school official must complete the application for the student through ilearnOhio.
- The district or school (or school of residence for homeschooled students) enrolling the student must agree to accept the grade and credit earned for the course.
Process for signing up a student for the Digital AP Tuition Waiver
- The student and a school staff official (generally the counselor) search the ilearnOhio catalog for an AP course that they feel the student will complete.
The staff official completes the application for the student through ilearnOhio.
- Click on the Pre-Reg button for the chosen course.
- Complete the application and click submit.
- After receiving an email verification notice, click on the link in the email to formally submit the application for review.
The approval process may take up to three business days. Approved students receive a one-time tuition-only fee waiver code for the selected course. When they receive this code, they are then directed to complete their enrollment with the chosen course provider.
If you have a question about the Digital AP Tuition Waiver, please contact ilearnOhio at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ask about how this program may apply to PSEO (Post Secondary Enrollment Options) online college core courses too!